Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting this Thing Rolling

It looks like it is time to replace the lorem ipsum with some actual text.

Note that I did not say 'content'.  I'm not here to provide content, I'm here to jabber, to talk, to think out loud.  It is on the internet instead of in a pen-and-paper journal because I have family and friends that I don't see often who like to keep track of what is going on in my life.

I've been riding that great roller-coaster of life, marathon style, for the past few years.  From a supervisor in a large corporation, married, and with kids on the way to a divorced single father of two surviving on a disability check.  From an active member (and leader) of the local pagan community to a very content atheist.

There have been a lot of ups and downs, and things are getting ready to change again.  This time, though, I'm the one changing them.  I'm tired of being on disability, and I'm taking the steps necessary to get off of it within the next couple of years.  I'm making plans to return to college after fifteen years away.  I tried to do so a couple of years ago, but found out that it would create some problems with the disability, so I put it off.  Now, though, it is time.  I'm tired of this stagnation.  I've been making changes in my life like mad, and I'm chomping at the bit to make more.  Hell, I've even gone so far as to rearrange the house and shave every last bit of fuzz off of my face just for the sake of change (I'll be growing the moustache back, though.  Damn, but I'm ugly clean-shaven!)

So, as you can see, I have a lot to figure out, a lot to record, and a lot to talk about.  Hence this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment